ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* The Front Load Driver is responsible for servicing commercial business picking up Front Load Containers. Empties containers using levers inside truck cab to empty container into the truck using forks. May need to open corral doors to access containers and as needed, rolls 3-4 yard can on castors weighing up to 600 pounds into position for dumping. Picks up loose trash off truck and/or ground and cleans up spills that may occur. Transports waste to a designated local landfill/disposal area.
* Completes route / productivity sheets, records mileage, fuel consumption, log book (as required), Vehicle Condition Reports, and other forms.
* Communicates professionally with customers and reports any customer issues / complaints to appropriate internal contacts. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
* Responsible for the safe operation of the truck which includes: pre-trip and post-trip inspections, evaluation of materials left for collections, determination of whether those materials include any hazardous materials, decision making and judgment regarding what materials may be placed safely in the truck for transport, and ensures the safety of each employee encountered.
* Cleans waste from the packer blade and the truck body on each landfill run to ensure smooth and safe operations
* Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
- RH Recruitment
- Category: Transportation
- Career level: ---
- Job type: Full Time