Job Ref - 13522907
Everest Recruiting is seeking a contract Staff Accountant in the Tampa area. This is a contract position and has the ability to go permanent.
• Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
• Assist with AP reporting, analysis, and processing
• Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
• Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
• Experienced in researching, accumulating, analyzing, reconciling and reporting large amounts of data coming from multiple POS (Point of Sale) systems and platforms.
• Ability to use the data to recognize revenue and customer invoicing deferrals on a daily basis for management.
• Ability to dive-in and follow transactions through the full business cycle, from revenue recognition to receipt of cash by check and credit cards.
• Assist with balance sheet reconciliations with the ability to work with large volumes of historical account data to analyze in order to ascertain proper account balances and backup documentation
• Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
• Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
• Records month end journal entries
• Prepares various tax schedules and filings for Controller review
• Process bi-weekly payroll in a timely manner
• 3+ years of accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ideal candidate will have retail, hospitality, restaurant, or other similar customer service industry that has a highly transactional business model.
• Highly proficient in online sales platforms and IT/PoS Systems
• Working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and rapidly solve problems effectively
• Highly savvy and progressive with IT and technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Finance
- Job type: Contract