Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring an OR Registered Nurse for the VAMC in San Antonio, TX to work as a civilian.
For more information please contact Claudia Lisenby at 407-591-3974 or via email at email@example.com.
- Demonstrate leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through collaborative strategies with others.
- Demonstrate proficiency using the nursing process in providing care for the clients with complex nursing care needs and be able to guide and direct others who provide care.
- Apply the nursing process to systems or processes at the unit/team/work group level to improve care.
- Identify potential client problems and take appropriate nursing measures to intervene
- Function effectively in a team leader/leadership role and uses team approaches to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of client care consistent with accrediting/regulatory bodies, the VA, and Nursing Service mission, philosophy, goals, and standards.
- Supervise other personnel and give feedback on their performance.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with clients, families, or significant others, with professional and supportive personnel who provide client care and with members of other services.
- Assess the physiological and psychosocial health status of the patient preoperatively
- Formulates and implements a nursing plan of care based on health data and surgical procedure and posting.
- Plan of care that prescribes nursing actins to achieve patient goals and coordinates and organizes nursing activities.
- Coordinates patient care needs with team members, including other disciplines
- Positioning patient properly for surgery
- Creates and maintains a sterile field.
- Verify methods of sterility and safely use flash autoclaves.
- Receive, handle, store and document prostheses. Performs surgical hand scrub, create and maintain sterile fields.
- Provide equipment, supplies and instruments based on anticipated and unanticipated needs.
- Uses and care for surgical instruments, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately.
- Safe use and document of electro surgery unit.
- Performs and documents counts.
- Administer drugs and solutions as prescribed.
- Physiologically monitors the patient during procedures
- Monitors and controls the Operating Room environment.
- Adheres to infection standards
- Performs nursing actions that demonstrates accountability.
- Participate in patient and family teaching.
- Performs and documents universal protocol.
- Handle and care for specimens and cultures on an off the sterile.
- Safely handle and transport medical gases and hazardous materials.
- Performs circulating and scrub duties for general, urology, vascular, neuro, plastic, orthopedic, ophthalmology, pain management, oral, robotic, thoracic, and otolaryngology surgeries.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and tact in dealing with patients, families and staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding and basic computer operations.
- Must have the physical capabilities to initiate crisis intervention measures and the ability and knowledge to perform nursing care in an emergency.
- Additional duties may be assigned. Training will be provided if needed.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Staffing Future LLC
- Category: Healthcare
- Job type: Contract