Description of the Position
As a Front End Web Developer, your responsibilities may include:
- consulting extensively with customers to elicit project requirements, provide content strategy services, and establish and communicate project timelines and milestones
- collaborating with team members, as needed, to ensure technical solutions are implemented to meet project requirements
- communicating ideas through low and high fidelity mockups
- designing, developing, and implementing user-friendly, professional, visually-pleasing websites and user-interfaces for web applications
Experience in the following is required:
- Designing graphics appropriate for websites (e.g. web limitations, screen resolutions, how to create graphics for use in HTML layouts, etc).
- Creating and effectively arranging graphics, images and all other content into a creative, cohesive, functional, and visually-pleasing website utilizing best practices in User Interface/User Experience design.
- Turning a graphic layout into a fully functional web page (i.e., knowing how to slice up graphics and layouts into an HTML framework).
- Translating written/verbal themes and ideas into appropriate visual design.
- Creating original artwork using image editing programs (ability to illustrate a plus).
- Proficiency with Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of requirements as defined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act a plus.
- Strong understanding of web design principles and best practices.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, navigation, and usability principles.
Fort Meade, MD
- Talent Manager
- Category: Art & Creative, Computer & IT
- Career level: Entry
- Job type: Full Time